Friday, October 4, 2013

onto the other side of the entry area

Happy Friday to everyone!  I thought I would update you all on my progress of our entry.

On the other side of our entry area, opposite from our book shelves, sat a lonely little black cabinet.

Here’s a picture of it I took a few weeks ago.

088

As you can see it needed work.  That’s not just marks but actual indents into the paint from a TV sitting on it for years.  I worked on stripping it a few nights ago and this is what it looks like in it’s current state.

218

Well kind of….

It’s a funny story…I went out to take this picture in the garage the morning after I worked on it.  As I’m clicking away I notice that most of it is finished.  I left it that night with the top and the sides finished not the whole thing!  I called my handy husband and he had gone back out to the garage and started working on the insides, drawer and the doors once everyone had gone to bed.  Awww what a lucky girl I am!  He knows that sanding is just not my thing and he went ahead and finished it.  I was dreading the inside (didn’t really know how I was going to get my scrapper there), but gosh it’s done!  No more worries!

I will be back very soon with this cabinet to show as well as styling the book shelves!

Thanks for stopping!

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet hubby!!! Before I read that part, I was thinking, I have GOT to get the stripper that she uses...it does all the work for you! lol... Cannot wait to see what you do with it! ;)

    ReplyDelete