Sunday, March 27, 2011

Revised Spring Tree

  I was not completely happy with my flowers on my spring tree.  I came across this wonderful blog that made tissue paper cherry blossoms that I decided to give a try.

Sarahndipities
Her flowers look so real..at first I thought they were!  She has a tutorial on how to make them found here.

Well I got out my tissue paper and got to work Saturday night. 

My new favorite color is ivory, cream, off-white whatever you want to call.  I knew I wanted the outer part of the flower to be ivory with a light pink center.

I ripped off the old flowers and hot glued these on along with my ribbon leaves. 

I didn't care so much on how they would typically grow.  I randomly placed the flowers on the branches so that it all balanced out.






I'm lovin' this new look.  The flowers are bigger and adds more spring color to the space.  It also pulls your eye downward to my crepe paper balls.  You can find the ball tutorial here.

Thanks for stopping.

Bye for now!

Linking to these parties:

Photobucket


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!



4 comments:

  1. Love it. I will have to copy this for my kitchen area. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I really love your speckled eggs as well. The whole display looks beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and beautiful at the same time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete